Let’s face it, despite both men and women need to exercise to lose weight and get that ripped body, a woman probably might ask for a more toned body than muscles like Arnold. And even when it comes to weight loss, the difference in physiology in men and women means that some exercises will be more beneficial to one than the other. So, with that in mind, here are the top 3 exercises to burn fat for women:
Top 3 Exercises to Burn Fat for Women
#1 Alternating Switch Lunge
When it comes to having toned and sexy legs, nothing does the job better than lunges, since squats focuses more on that butt rather than the legs. To perform an alternating switch lunge:
- Put your right/left leg forward and go into the lunge position.
- Using your forward leg, put yourself back up and immediately switch legs and once again go into the lunge position. This is one rep
- Recommended: 15-20 reps per set
Save your time. Save your money. See the 3 best rated fat burners.
See the Best Fat Burners of 2020.
One of the most simple and yet challenging exercise that can torch fat like a furnace are pushups. The technique to do a proper pushup might look like a challenge with so many critiques always judging the form but it’s dead simple. Here’s how you do it:
- Get down on the ground and set your hands apart at a distance slightly more than shoulder width.
- Only use your toes for support. The distance depends on whether you want more stability during the exercise.
- Engage your core and keep your body in one straight line, while your head facing in the direction of your body and not downwards. You can look down if that helps but it’s effective this way as it allows you to check your form.
- Lower yourself until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle but aren’t flaring out. Do this until your chest touches the ground.
- Hold this position for a few moments (optional), and then explode back up to the original position. 10 pushups are decent for a beginner, with 15-20 really giving a challenge and burning more fat.
If you’ve been exercising for a while, chances are you can do as many as 25 crunches in a set since your body is accustomed to that form of motion. So, to burn fat, it’s time to give your body a challenge by doing a slightly more difficult variation of regular crunches: the V-crunch:
- Lie on your back as you would with crunches with the exception that you’ll have to lift your arms and legs up so they’re facing the ceiling.
- Lift your upper back off the floor so your hands are reaching your feet.
- While keeping your arms overhead, lower your legs toward the floor. Keep in mind that your shoulders should be off the mat and the lower back must be pressed on the mat while doing this.
- 15-20 reps per set is a good start.
While these are just 3 exercises to burn fat, there are quite a few often that are as good as them such as squats, side planks, glute bridges and more than can do it just as easy. What are your favorite exercises to burn fat? Let us know in the comments below.