Best Exercises That Burn Fat
When celebrities like Vin Diesel can’t get away with having a belly, it surely goes without saying that folks like us are gonna face judgmental eyes from everyone if we’re out of shape. Even forgetting them for a minute, what’s more important is that you should be able to look into the mirror and be happy when you see that the person staring back at you has abs or at the very least, a flat belly. So, to make it happen, it’s time to tighten those gym shoes and try these fat burning exercises!
Let’s begin with the exercise that works out your entire body: planks. These have been around for a long time, and at this point it’s futile to debate their effectiveness because anyone can vouch for it. To do a plank:
- Get into a pushup position but place your forearms on the ground, the elbows being aligned with your shoulders.
- That’s basically it. Just make sure to keep your stomach in and your butt a bit outwards while you’re at it.
Holding this position for a proper 45 seconds – 1 minute is a good way to increase your body balance and also shed fat!
Dumbbell Farmer’s Walk
Farmer’s walk is one of those hardcore exercises that probably goes along with deadlifts and squats but these can be toned down for beginners too. What’s noteworthy is that these are full-body exercises and you’ll feel the soreness all over your body if you do it right because you’re going to be giving them quite a lot of stress, leading to that fat burn you’ve always wanted. Here’s how you do it:
- If you’re just starting out with dumbbell farmer’s walk, take a dumbbell that’s a quarter of your bodyweight in each hand. Example: If you weigh 200 pounds, have 50 pound dumbbells in each hand.
- Select an appropriate distance to walk. 25 yards is appropriate for beginners.
- Keeping both dumbbells on your sides, start walking in the way you’d usually walk when you’re not exercising.
- If it seems too easy, it’s time to take things up a notch with some walking variations like a high knee walk where every step you take requires your leg to be raised until the knee is in line with the hip or maybe increasing the weight. Whatever the case, be sure it’s tough so you burn the maximum amount of fat.
For those a bit confused about this exercise, use this video as a reference on how to do it:
If you don’t feel like doing some cardio on a leg day, walking lunges are a sureshot way to torch some fat and get strong legs at the same time. These include using your bodyweight so you don’t need any equipment to perform it, and you can do these within a very limited area too. But enough talk, let’s see how you should perform walking lunges:
- Stand with your hands on your hips and your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, move your one leg forward and flex the knees to drop to your hips, keep lowering the leg behind until it’s almost touching the ground. Do not let your forward knee flare out.
- Putting stress on the forward foot, use the strength to bring yourself up back together.
- Immediately step forward with your rear foot, this time acting as the lead foot and repeat the same motion again.
Let’s focus on that belly now, shall we? Crunches are the age old tried-and-tested method of burning fat and getting those abs to show. Here’s how to do them:
- Lie on your back and keep your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Put your hands behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Take a deep breath in and lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale after you do.
- Breathe in again as you go back down, and repeat the same steps again.
Though it can get difficult for people who have just started with fitness, 7-12 crunches is a good rep number per set for a beginner.
Bear crawl is one of those exercises that you should do if you have ample space at home since it will require you to crawl all over the place (but there are ways to do it without any movement from where you’re performing it). It might look weird but athletic coaches and military instructors swear by it, and there’s no denying that this will burn fat like a furnace. Here’s how you do it:
- Get into a pushup position but keep your knees a bit more elevated and at a 90 degree angle to your hips.
- Contract your abs without affecting the position of your back at all
- Bring your right hand and left foot forward by a few inches, really bringing up the pressure on your core muscles.
- Now bring your left hand and right foot in front of your right hand and left foot, thus going a bit forward. Repeat this every time to do the bear crawl.
- If you don’t have a lot of space, you can continue on from step number 3 but bring your leg and hand back at the initial position and put the alternate hand and leg forward.
If following a bunch of text to perform an exercise has you confused, you can try this YouTube video to get a better idea:
You may not have heard of pushups being able to burn fat but like the plank, it engages a lot of different muscles in your body so you burn fat in more places than one. Everybody knows how pushups are done, but to double check that you’re doing it right, here you go:
- Set your hands apart a bit more than the shoulder length and keep your legs apart to a comfortable distance but anything other than your toes should be elevated.
- If you really want to do it the picture perfect way, keep your chin up as it helps in keeping your body straight. If you can’t putting your face down works too.
- Keeping your butt clenched and your abs tight, lower down until your chest is almost touching the ground. This isn’t necessary, but ensures maximum stress on your body.
- Keep in mind that while you’re lowering yourself, keep those elbows from flaring outwards.
- Pause for a moment when you’re in the position as mentioned in step 3, and then push up yourself up to the initial position. 10 reps per set should be a good number to burn a good amount of fat.
The beauty of pushups is that if you think your body is getting accustomed to the stress and you’re not feeling the true pressure of the exercise like you should, you can create a lot of variations to make it hard like single leg push ups, decline push ups, explosive push ups and many (many) more!
Choose from 3 fat burners that simply work.
See the Best Fat Burners of 2018. Lose weight with natural, safe and effective products. Independently reviewed and tested for a minimum of 90 days so you can buy products with confidence. Don't get scammed.
- Highly effective appetite supression
- Increased energy and metabolism
- Laser focus
- Reduced calorie intake